SECO’s approach to work with the Private Sector, example cacao Indonesia
Market stall owners: Gabriella Crescini (Implementing Agency Swisscontact) with support by Nicolas Guigas and André Pantzer (SECO)
Aiming to promote the Indonesian cocoa value chain, the Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) was initiated in 2012. SCPP is a large PPP comprising Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Development (SECO), the Sustainable Trade Initiative (IDH), the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, IFA, and new MCA.
This approach incorporates:
- Farming Good Practice and Technology Transfer Systems
- Nutrition and Gender Sensitivity Integration
- Farmer Organisation, Market Access and Certification
- Integrated Agri-Business Financing
- Stakeholder Managementand Networking Platforms
In the stall we will explain the interest of SECO in supporting the cocoa value chain, the set up and sub-partnerships in the different cocoa producing regions and try to enhance opportunities and challenges by working with the private sector.