A social business model to lifting farmers out of poverty
Market stall owner: Patrick Struebi, Founder & CEO, Fairtrasa
Patrick Struebi’s experience with the world’s leading international commerce companies led him to change the face of fair-trade exportation. With his social enterprise, Fairtrasa, Patrick is seizing the opportunity to broaden global markets while paying small – scale farmers a fairer price for their goods. He developed a unique Three Tier Farmer Development Model that links sustainable agriculture with community empowerment. By creating alliances with organizations and farmers, he is encouraging growers to invest price premiums in community development.
Based on Patrick’s experience, this market stall touches the following points:
- Lifting small-scale farmers out of poverty – a social business model
- Success factors and challenges
- Sustainable and scalable business models
- About Systemic Change
- Social Entrepreneurship as a growing force for good
- Collaboration with development cooperation actors
One participant asked: Why do you want to work with SDC?
Watch the video to find out:
More information: Fairtrasa webpage.